[AusNOG] Cisco routers on NBN 100/40Mbps connection

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Sun Aug 10 13:46:05 EST 2014

> I have been told to stay away from cheapie providers like Exetel or TPG as
> their networks apparently are crap as they have unlimited plans.
>
> Is this correct?

It's probably as true as any other over-generalization.

My daughter and 3 other uni friends have a share-house in the eastern
suburbs of Melbourne. TPG could supply them with an ADSL2 service with
phone and unlimited data far cheaper than I could even buy it myself. They
get 19 Mbps sync rate and between the 4 of them manage to get close to
that pretty much all the time. (I can barely believe the amount of data
those 4 suck each month and thank my lucky stars *I* am not paying for it)