[AusNOG] Monitoring ULL drops on AAPT MBE connections

Bruce Forster bruce at tubes.net.au
Thu Apr 3 13:51:26 EST 2014

Hi Noggers.

I'm not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure if you ask nicely AAPT can enable
it so you can see the ULL stats, shows dslam uptime, sync uptime, which
ulls have dropped you can even set 3 or so different profiles on each ull
depending on how bad the noise/copper is.

For the dsl products, (not 100% if this is l2ig resold or aapt dslam only)
you can request port rebuilds and have other options.

Also you can get direct access to API, I've never done this but im sure if
you ask AAPT nicely its something that you can work with.

Comparing AAPT EoC product to BDAS lite copper or EFM its miles ahead in
what you are given and how much power you have over your connections. I
wish TPG gave you the same options, maybe in the future you'll get EFM's in
your frontier and be able to do much of the same :)

Regards,

Bruce