[AusNOG] ADSL2+ line sync data

Mark ZZZ Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 15 15:32:30 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----

Assuming the existing NBN model/services, an RSP/ISP could buy 100/40 or 50/20 services from NBNco, but then on the BNG/BRAS, shape (not police) the downstream service bandwidth to be equal to the upstream bandwidth, so that their service bandwidths were 40/40 or 20/20. They'd then need less CVC and Internet transit capacity, and therefore should be able to offer these services significantly cheaper that their competitors 100/40 or 50/20 services (simplistically, the 40/40 service could be 60% cheaper than their competitors 100/40 service).