[AusNOG] Microsoft Content from NON Local Mirror

Daniel Watson watti at bakedlan.com
Wed Sep 11 15:38:56 EST 2013

Gday Nogger Community

I'm struggling to find a reason for this at present and thought I might
ask the general community if they have any answers,

I'm currently trying to download a heap of ISO's from microsoft and i keep
hitting akamsin mirror which ive been told is in EU,

This was using google's public dns resolvers orginally but I've tried
other such as the local DC, openDNS, TPG ect

Every time i try to download any microsoft content I'm getting speeds of
7MBit per second and quickly drop to 200 - 500kbps

Does anybody on-list have any ideas as to why this may be?

If anybody would like to take a look at the server in question, im more
then happy to provide logins

Regards in advance.

Daniel