[AusNOG] current Optus outage

Nathan Brookfield Nathan.Brookfield at simtronic.com.au
Tue Sep 3 17:42:45 EST 2013

I also believe proxy and external web access from the Corporate Network is completely down so staff have no external access.

Nathan Brookfield
Chief Executive Officer

Simtronic Technologies Pty Ltd
http://www.simtronic.com.au

On 03/09/2013, at 14:35, "Tony" <td_miles at yahoo.com<mailto:td_miles at yahoo.com>> wrote:

Given their DNS is down and routing to Optus is borked, I suspect anyone from Optus who reads this list isn't getting their email right now. I guess if they're subscribed with a web based account (ie. yahoo/hotmail/gmail/etc) then they might get it, but I would imagine/hope they are too busy fixing the problem to be reading non-work emails at this point in time.

The lack of information is a bit annoying/alarming though.

Just got a "major outage" SMS after 90 minutes :)

regards,
Tony.