[AusNOG] Is anyone else able to access other private networks on TPG?

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Tue Oct 29 20:02:33 EST 2013

The other fun one is that if you have a TPG EFM service provided via a
OneAccess 1424, and provider DHCP services on the interface of your
router facing their NTU, it'll happily grab an IP from you.  Handy if
you want to point your monitoring system at it to telnet in and grab
line sync speeds regularly etc for fault monitoring, etc.. Not so handy
if say you provide it a public IP, as there's no password required for
telnet access.

On 29/10/2013 7:26 PM, Radek Tkaczyk wrote:

> This has been like this for ages.
>
> I tried raising it with TPG about 12 months ago and the person on the
> other end didn't even understand what I was trying to tell them, so I
> gave up. They said they would have someone follow up but obviously
> nothing has been done
>
> It's TPG so I kind of expected that answer really...
>
> Regards,
>
> Radek
>
> Ph: 0413 383 231
>
> radek at tkaczyk.id.au