[AusNOG] TPP Leak - AU opposes potential safe harbour for ISPs

Mark Walkom markw at campaignmonitor.com
Thu Nov 14 09:03:38 EST 2013

This draft was leaked last night and has a section that should be of
interest to the list - http://wikileaks.org/tpp/#QQI

Article QQ.I.1:267 {Internet Service Provider Liability}

[CL/BN/NZ/MY/VN/CA/SG/MX propose; *AU/US oppose*: Each Party shall limit
> the liability of, or the availability of remedies against, internet service
> providers [when acting as intermediaries], for infringement of copyright or
> related rights that take place on or through communication networks, in
> relation to the provision or use of their services.]

There's more at the link.

Regards,
Mark Walkom

Infrastructure Engineer