[AusNOG] Static IP on a 3G/4G mobile service

Tony de Francesco tonyd at pue.com.au
Thu Nov 7 11:16:47 EST 2013

Robert,

I currently use an Internode 3G SIM with static IP address.  They have
reasonably priced data plans for static IP.

I used to use Exetel, who also offer a 3G SIM with static IP, however they
moved to a pay per use data plan for the Static IP plans, which made it
unfeasible for me but if your data requirements are small then this may be
an option.

I believe both Internode and Exetel use the Optus network.

Telstra, Optus and Vodafone do not offer static IP addressing with their
3G/4G services if you go to them directly.

Kind Regards

Tony de Francesco
Technical Director

email: tonyd at pue.com.au