[AusNOG] NetEqualizer

Ross [Eve IT] ross at eve-it.net
Wed Mar 27 14:37:19 EST 2013

Hi Nick,

I was involved in the deployment of a NetEqualizer for a highly
Contended/Saturated Satellite link for over 2000 customers.
Worked very well. But I've never used a NetEnforcer so I can't compare
sorry.

Basically it would shape bandwidth hogs so you would get the 5% complaining
that their torrents weren't getting good speeds and the 95% would be happy
with their general browsing experience ;)

Ross.