[AusNOG] IPv6: Who's dual stacked? Why don't I look stacked?

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Fri Mar 8 11:00:52 EST 2013

On 8/03/2013 12:10 p.m., Mark Andrews wrote:
> IPv6 is given priority over IPv4 for most things.
Yip....

...and when you light up v6 in your Mikrotik router without having it
all configured correctly, the dns data gets to your PPPoE clients, so
their web browser won't see the net any more as it's looking for
addresses in the v6 dns server that it can't reach...

...yes big opps, trying to just rush at it a bit fast there.

My point being that it's all these little 'got ya's' that frighten the
crap out of me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Don Gould
31 Acheson Ave
Mairehau
Christchurch, New Zealand