[AusNOG] IPv4

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Sun Mar 3 20:05:07 EST 2013

On 03/03/2013, at 7:28 PM, Nathan Brookfield <Nathan.Brookfield at simtronic.com.au> wrote:

> The big guys get bigger while the smaller guys get spanked because they missed out on a resource which some people had the impression was never ending and were handed out IP space like it was candy at a rave.

Nobody thought it was never-ending.  There has been rather a lot of drum-banging for
at least the last decade.

Most people only actually started paying attention to it this year.  Or maybe not even then.

A small number of organizations paid attention to it earlier, and maybe they'll make more money
as a result.  I'm not a big fan of it and wish it didn't happen, but you're not claiming that monetizing
information asymmetry is an invalid way of making profits, are you?

  - mark