[AusNOG] Is anyone else sick of Tony abbot claiming Malcolm Turbull invented the internet.

Mark Prior mrp at mrp.net
Sat Jun 29 14:42:48 EST 2013

On 29/06/13 12:12 PM, Narelle wrote:

> I'm now recalling the days running multiprotocol networks. When having
> at least IP, IPX and either appletalk or Decnet running at once was
> normal. Actually there still are traces of IS-IS out there. I'm pretty
> sure I saw it in an element manager spec in the last few years.

I wouldn't have said there are traces of ISIS as it's quite popular as
an IGP in SP environments.

> And these children are having issues running IPv4 and IPv6 at once...

Sad really that they have to relearn history :-) Running two versions of
IP over Ethernet seems so simple compared with running IP, DECNet (IV
and V), IPX, Appletalk, Vines, etc., over Ethernet (Base-2, -5 and -T),
FDDI, Token Ring, LocalTalk, etc, :-)

Mark.