[AusNOG] Over Pipe's poor service installation.

Chris Hurley chris at minopher.net.au
Wed Jun 26 15:34:22 EST 2013

Hi Joshua,

You could well be right, part of the issue and this applies across the board
is how the industry doesn¹t have the qualified techs it use to have. One
tech goes exchange to pit, another goes pit to MDF another goes to the end
point. Few now know the whole system or have Œcontrol¹ over the whole job. I
know the bean counters somewhere thought this breaking up of areas was a
bright idea on paper, but I think the reality is some what different.

How a tech can turned an 8 wire system into 2x4 wire is still a mystery, but
it¹s being sorted back to a single 8 wire system.

The point of my post was at the end of the day (accepting all jobs can have
minor glitches) should we stay with the devil we know or look elsewhere. No
point just jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Thank you for those that responded off list I will follow through as the
dust settles on this one.

And happy Hump Day!

Cheers,
Chris