[AusNOG] We're looking for a Senior Network Engineer [NSW]

Mark Walkom markw at campaignmonitor.com
Thu Jun 13 14:12:29 EST 2013

Campaign Monitor is seeking a fulltime Senior Network Engineer to help us
improve and scale our network. We send over a 1 billion emails every month
and our network needs to enable us to deliver the best user experience
possible.

Based in Sutherland, NSW, we have awesome perks such as an in house chef
that cooks breakfast and lunch every day and makes awesome coffee, your own
office, your choice of laptop/desktopc, monthly Friday fun days, drinks
fridge and the list goes on.

Requirements

   - Senior level networking experience supporting both corporate end users
   and large scale applications - people have noticed when your stuff was
   broken.
   - Previous networking experience in a telecommunications or ISP
   environment.
   - Strong Juniper (preferred) and/or Cisco experience - you don’t have to
   know more than the vendor does, but it can’t hurt.
   - Previous experience managing Internet connectivity with multiple peers.
   - Load balancing, firewalls, and traffic analysis (individual
   packets/flows and trending) should be no big deal.
   - Experience with software network tools such as netstat, ss, iptraf,
   tcpdump, iptables.
   - Understanding that the network isn’t just the tube between a user’s
   laptop/tablet/phone and a switch -- being able to work with and appreciate
   operating systems, applications, and the people who develop them is a must.
   - Knowledge of what to monitor on a network and how to react when the
   graphs change.
   - Proficient at shell scripting/automation in any language you're
   comfortable with (We use Puppet).
   - Effective communication skills, via interactive and documentation.

Responsibilities

   - Design/implement new infrastructure and improve existing corporate and
   production networks.
   - Configure network devices and supporting equipment.
   - Implement and support all of the important networking acronyms and
   abbreviations: ACLs, BGP, ECMP, OSPF, MPLS, QoS, VIPs, VPNs, VRRP, OMG,
   BBQ, etc.
   - Develop and advocate for good networking practices at all stages of
   the product and project lifecycle.
   - Troubleshoot networking problems and work with other teams when the
   problem really isn’t the network.
   - Improve our network maintenance and monitoring tools (rancid, nagios,
   cacti, ganglia, PRTG) to help get to the root of problems quickly
   - Participate in on-call rotation.

Salary is based on the skills and experience you can bring to our team.

If this sounds like your cup of tea, we’d love to hear from you! Send your
application to cameronn at campaignmonitor.com, or if you have any questions
then feel free to ask me directly.

Regards,
Mark Walkom