[AusNOG] Brisbane Telstra DNS issues

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Wed Jun 12 11:10:47 EST 2013

Negative from here to 8.8.8.8 or anything,

No DNS Queries are being allowed through to external nameservers, confirmed against 8.8.8.8 as well.

Perhaps they are not only blocking UDP, but someone's been running around rebooting their DNS Architecture while they hunt for an issue in the wrong spot?

Hint for Telstra Team.: Someone's blocked UDP port 53 on customer connections, somewhere. (That's up to you to find). If you can find that and unblock that, or remove that broken PRISM security appliance that the government is installing for you as we speak (Ok, joking about the PRISM part), then it might work.

S.