[AusNOG] Power audit

Alastair Waddell awaddell at legion.com.au
Wed Jun 5 15:24:47 EST 2013

Thanks everyone for ideas.

The thing about DCs is they are the antithesis of 'agile'. I mean, in your right hand you have Amazon AWS and IaaS where new features come monthly and prices go down to encourage adoption and then in your left hand, you have the DC where you're captive to the interconnects you have in place, if not also to kit and prices just go up while features don't exist.

On that basis, I'm tossing overboard as much kit as I can jettison and looking for like-minded sub-let tenant prospects who need a few RU for switches and could use our interconnects to a number of carriers. They will get a PDU as recommended but I'm sticking with my monthly manual email request for usage reporting until I muster the courage for downtime.

I'll put my ad in ausnog-classifieds.

Regards,
Alastair