[AusNOG] Power audit

Robert Hudson hudrob at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 19:45:57 EST 2013

Are you after long term monitoring, or point in time?
Clamp ammeters may be of assistance in determining load at a given time,
but they cant be relied upon for high accuracy. They do meet your
requirement to not power stuff down though.

Frankly, I am surprised that sub-metering at the load side (ie close to the
rack) isn't done more frequently in data centres, as this would allow
accurate metering and easily sharable data to prove/disprove power
consumption claims.