[AusNOG] Cheap Q-in-Q Switch Recommendations

Reuben Farrelly reuben-ausnog at reub.net
Wed Jul 31 09:46:29 EST 2013

You may want to look at a device like the Cisco ME3600X switch, which
will give you lots of knobs and options to handle this sort of traffic,
either terminating double-tagged sessions, rewriting the dot1q tags,
vlan significance per port etc.

They aren't overly expensive and would definitely be recommended over a
setup involving fudging around with floor/access switching products that
weren't really designed to do this sort of thing..

Reuben