[AusNOG] Cheap Q-in-Q Switch Recommendations

James Mcintosh james.mcintosh at rocketmail.com
Wed Jul 31 09:22:59 EST 2013

Mark,

That's pretty close to my scenario.

For the purposes of clarity and using a Cisco example let's say I get handed off double tagged VLANs 2, 4 and 6 which each encapsulate two VLANs each e.g. VLANs 21,22,41,41,61 and 62. How can I get to a scenario where I can strip the outer VLAN ID's and trunk the inner VLAN's to my next device e.g:

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/43
 description egress interface
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 21,22,41,41,61,62
 switchport mode trunk
 load-interval 30
end

-James.