[AusNOG] Simon Hackett's presentation from Comms Day yesterday - NBN fibre on copper prices

Mark Delany g2x at juliet.emu.st
Sat Jul 20 01:46:44 EST 2013

> Didn't know that, wonder how that'll all translate over with the NBN though.

More interestingly. How does that (Telstra's CSG mobile substitute for
copper) work for folk who need 24x7 safety monitors and the like?

All the hand-wringing over PSTN resilency to failures and here we have
presumably thousands of residents around the country connected solely
via a mobile service anyway.

Do Telstra roll out PSTN for those customers that need health monitors
or do they recommend that the customer move?

As I understand it, these are not just a few rare folk in far flung
corners of the country, they are often in new suburbs that haven't
rolled copper infrastructure.

Mark.