[AusNOG] Simon Hackett's presentation from Comms Day yesterday - NBN fibre on copper prices

Brad Gould bradley at internode.com.au
Thu Jul 18 13:30:05 EST 2013

The original NBN Tas was build and operated by a subcontractor before
NBN had nailed down the "proper" hardware vendor, or had anyone to
operate a network.

It was built to get experience in the fibre/civil construction, the
hardware installed was used only because the contractor/operator had NEC
gear in use on their other networks.  It was also a political win for
NBNCo because they could proudly connect customers.

They were always going to replace the hardware.