[AusNOG] Simon Hackett's presentation from Comms Day yesterday - NBN fibre on copper prices

Nathan Brookfield Nathan.Brookfield at simtronic.com.au
Thu Jul 18 13:13:55 EST 2013

I believe the Ethernet port is also used to download on demand content also.  It downloads overnight in off-peak periods

Nathan Brookfield
Chief Executive Officer

Simtronic Technologies Pty Ltd
http://www.simtronic.com.au

On 18/07/2013, at 13:06, "Chris Jones" <chrisj at aprole.com> wrote:

On 18/07/2013, at 12:44 PM, Simon Booth <Simon.Booth at speechnetworks.com.au> wrote:

> Last time I checked the Foxtel boxes were still using dialup modems to order movies.  As modems don't work across IP traffic (SIP, H.323, etc) Foxtel will need to active the Ethernet ports to work across fibre.  Does anyone know if Foxtel allow access to the Ethernet port yet?

Yes, they do - or at least, my Foxtel (satellite) service uses ethernet to communicate back