[AusNOG] Simon Hackett's presentation from Comms Day yesterday - NBN fibre on copper prices

Terry Manderson terry at terrym.net
Thu Jul 18 11:54:15 EST 2013

Thinking further into the future than some feel comfortable doing so, you might come to the realisation that the RSP engagement at (or above) layer 2 is ultimately flawed.

There are already technologies in play at the wavelength level - that might push out to the edge - which could allow wavelength leasing in a local context or a national one. Playing with the spectrum, becomes far more interesting when you really think of the glass strands as JUST a roadway. But I'll leave you to that beer-in-hand contemplation.

T.