[AusNOG] Assistance in picking a router

Tim March march.tim at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 22:33:57 EST 2013

Your network appears to be AS132839. Either you're advertising it to
your upstream via a device that you control or your provider is
advertising it on your behalf. From what you're saying it sounds like
they're advertising it on your behalf and probably just handing off a
switched port. This is probably what you're actually talking about when
you say you've got a "BGP routing table."

If you're having serious issues that you believe are related to that
device your first port of call is probably to harass the provider about
it. Also, if you're talking about replacing a managed service with a
piece of your own hardware there are more than likely commercial issues
you'll need to overcome as well.

T.