[AusNOG] "NBN Co to reserve data port for government"

Heinz N ausnog at equisoft.com.au
Wed Jul 17 14:03:47 EST 2013

> Last I heard, the NBN has already been trying to sell access to one of the
> ports on their NTU to the energy utilities for something around $30 a month.
>  I'm pretty damned sure that will never fly at that sort of price.

I spoke to an manual (real person) meter reader and they said that they
charge between 50c & 80c per meter read, depending on the area. For a
manual read 4 times a year we are looking at max $4.00 per year. $360 a
year seems like a joke (however, the way the power companies are gouging
us, I wouldn't be at all surprised).

H.