[AusNOG] "NBN Co to reserve data port for government"

Heinz N ausnog at equisoft.com.au
Wed Jul 17 13:19:59 EST 2013

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013, Matthew Moyle-Croft wrote:

> I wonder how they're going to use it?
> Let's say they wanted to use it for a "smart meter" - I'm fascinated how the
> process of cabling from whereever the NBN NTU is to the electricity meter.

Apparently these privacy stealing communist "dumbmeters" create their own
mesh network, with certain undisclosed units being a network node. At
least this is how it appears in Victoria. Doing an internet
cross/inter-connect with that mesh will be marvelous for the hackers
trying to take down an electricity grid. Look at
http://www.stopsmartmeters.com.au for more info.

As for multiple ports, imaging trying to talk some end user into plugging
and unplugging RJ45 plugs into the correct sockets.

H.