[AusNOG] "NBN Co to reserve data port for government"

Geordie Guy elomis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 12:15:34 EST 2013

If only there was some way to ensure quality of service on a network
without the government getting their own port.

On 17/07/2013 12:12 PM, "Craig Askings" <craig at askings.com.au> wrote:

> I like the plan, in a few years time I'd like to have some certainty that
any remote health monitoring for my mom is separated from the vagaries of
whatever cheap CPE her ISP has given her and better than good chance that
when my son is a bit older and visiting he manages to slurp up all her
quota and gets her shaped.

> From the health providers POV, it simplifies your first level help desk
support load and standardises your site install procedure.

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/350209,nbn-co-to-reserve-data-port-for-government.aspx