[AusNOG] Q sonicwall and juniper

Shane Chrisp shane at 2000cn.com.au
Mon Jul 8 14:34:53 EST 2013

On 08/07/13 08:01, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker wrote:

Hi Alex,

  Another option may be the Fortinet units, although they are a deep
packet inspection firewall so might not fit your needs
as you say that you do not need deep inspection.

Fortigate 600C unit does
16Gbps throughput at 1518, 512 and 64 Bytes
16 x 10/100/1000 RJ45
4 x shared 10/100/1000 RJ45 or SFP
2 x 10/100/1000 RJ45 port pairs with Bypass Protection
All ports accelerated

cheers
Shane

> Hi
>
> Was wondering what the groups thoughts where on sonicwall and maybe in relation to juniper.
>
> Most of my experience has been with Cisco and linux (firewalls)
>
> In particular I am looking at
>
> Exterior FW (facing internet)
> Or
> Interior FW (not facing Internet)
>
> Like to have a cluster (HA setup)
> Like to have min 2 x 10G fibre ports per dev and some 1G ports
>
> Don't need any sort of deep packet inspection
>
> I prefer CLI, my initial googling seems to suggest sonic is not very cli friendly at all
>
> Again my initial investigation leads me to NSA 5600 (or NSA 6600), not sure what the comparably Juniper might be.
>
> Thanks
>
> Alex

Regards

Shane Chrisp