[AusNOG] Q sonicwall and juniper

Ryan Finnesey ryan at finnesey.com
Mon Jul 8 14:29:55 EST 2013

Big  fan of juniper.

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 7, 2013, at 9:47 PM, "James Braunegg" <james.braunegg at micron21.com<mailto:james.braunegg at micron21.com>> wrote:

I like the Juniper SRX 3400 / SRX 5600 firewalls  the nice things about these is you can run per device redundant routing engines, both of these support hardware line rate 10gbit ports and are full ASIC based.

If you don't actually need 10gbit throughput you could look at the SRX 650 which can support 10gbit ports but all processing is done in software not in ASIC

Juniper had some issues with clustering the SRX in the early days but these seem to be all but gone now...

That being said I still avoid clustering where possible and much prefer two single devices not linked in anyway other than standard routing protocols.

Juniper also has a fantastic CLI ... one of the best I've ever used.

Do you have a budget in mind  ?

Kindest Regards

James Braunegg
P:  1300 769 972  |  M:  0488 997 207 |  D:  (03) 9751 7616
E:   james.braunegg at micron21.com<mailto:james.braunegg at micron21.com>  |  ABN:  12 109 977 666
W:  www.micron21.com/ip-transit<http://www.micron21.com/ip-transit>  T: @micron21

<image001.jpg>
This message is intended for the addressee named above. It may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message you must not use, copy, distribute or disclose it to anyone other than the addressee. If you have received this message in error please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.