[AusNOG] Riverbed (or other) Edge devices for data compression - Seeking feedback or Suggestions

James Hodgkinson yaleman at ricetek.net
Wed Jan 30 14:37:51 EST 2013

I'm a big fan of the steelhead systems, once you've tweaked them (not
hard) for your usage they work surprisingly well. We have them on
satellite-connected clients, nextg, and land lines (ADSL/GWIP) and it
can give a wide margin of saves-you-upgrading-the-link when the usage
gets near thresholds.

Also deploying the cascade system for monitoring, it's fantastic
though requires some hard work to start with (mapping).

James