[AusNOG] Cisco ASA 5505 licensing?

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellego.net
Wed Jan 30 13:23:10 EST 2013

Hey all,

I have a customer wanting to spec out a Cisco ASA5505... the baby version.

Everything is good except the VPN licensing.

On this page:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_models_comparison.html

It says that the 5505 is 25 VPN users for a few different types.

What it doesn't say is whether it is:
- 25 users max across all vpn types
- whether it is PER vpn type or 25 across all types
- whether the VPN is concurrent or named users
- whether the number is a MAXIMUM or what it comes with

The last one being the most important.

Essentially I have a customer with a size needing about a dozen VPN users..
concurrently... but the above link is very vague.

This link: http://packetpushers.net/cisco-asa-licensing-explained/ has some
good information, but the Cisco link doesn't say anything about 10/25.  It
has more information about VPN licensing, it says the 5505 starts with 10,
but the Cisco page doesn't seem to say that.  I'd like confirmation before
I tell the customer what to buy.

I am assuming some Ausnog people have had to do this sort of thing. Thanks
in advance.

...Skeeve
*

*
*Skeeve Stevens, CEO - *eintellego Pty Ltd
skeeve at eintellego.net ; www.eintellego.net

Phone: 1300 753 383; Cell +61 (0)414 753 383 ; skype://skeeve

facebook.com/eintellego ;  <http://twitter.com/networkceoau>
linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/networkceoau ; blog: www.network-ceo.net

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco – IBM - Brocade - Cloud
-----
Check out our Juniper promotion website!  eintellego.mx