[AusNOG] /16 for sale.... well not really but why not!

Julien Goodwin ausnog at studio442.com.au
Fri Jan 25 17:41:52 EST 2013

I did some analysis of this a while back:

http://laptop006.livejournal.com/52380.html

My summary was:
"In terms of the coming IPv4 exhaustion we have 817 allocated /16's
completely unused, for over 5.3M IP addresses, or ~3.2 entire /8's,
giving, at the current consumption rate[6], just under two and a half
months more IPv4[7]."