[AusNOG] /20 Available

Amante Alvaran mants at tpg.com.au
Mon Jan 21 16:42:37 EST 2013

IPv4 is going to be a sheetfight over the next few years unless trade is regulated. Those of us who will legitimately need more address space are doomed whilst these "brokers" who actually provide no value to what we do collect a cheque on the way through.

If company X no longer requires the resources, surely their 'justification' for the allocation is no longer valid.

I don’t think it’s APNIC’s fault and responsibility, because from what I know they only facilitate the creation of the policy that is proposed by the community (APNIC members in general) and it’s up to us (operators, users etc..) to do our part (propose a policy or join the discussion) otherwise we can’t just cry now and put the blamed to someone.

Also when it comes to buyers, hoarders, brokers etc…  I think APNIC’s part would be just to make sure they apply the current policy created/decided by the community and facilitate the transfer so that all transfers are recorded. If you think  APNIC should do something more please create a policy proposal, or join the policy discussion and let the community decide.

+1

likely why we've run out, thanks to all the hoarders, now they decide to make quick buck, APNIC should have planned this better, and it's not too late for them to do something about it, but I doubt they will.

This is Australia - the land of  "all $orts of" opportunitie$.