[AusNOG] Apple iPhone5 Wifi connectivity problems - faulty Apple wireless chipsets?

Bill Walker bill at wjw.co.nz
Mon Jan 7 17:29:45 EST 2013

Regarding someones post earlier, antennas can make a huge
difference, on the iPad mini at the back of my house I get full signal
in portrait and 1 bar in landscape which makes it unusable, whereas on
the iPad 3 I get full in any orientation.

On Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:53:36
+1100, Thomas Jackson wrote:

> A colleague was talking about this the
other day - apparently they had some
> iPad 2 units working perfectly
until upgrading them and their new iPhone 5s
> wouldn't connect at
all.

> In the end, he found out that TKIP support (which is what
their APs were
> configured to use) seems to have vanished, and AES was
the only supported
> cipher. After swapping over, suddenly everything
started working again.

ausnog-bounces at lists.ausnog.net [1]