[AusNOG] Apple iPhone5 Wifi connectivity problems - faulty Apple wireless chipsets?

Matt Whitlock Matt.Whitlock at pipenetworks.com
Mon Jan 7 15:24:09 EST 2013

> I've had this experience with both my iPad3 and iPhone4 since putting
> IOS6 on them.  Usually works, but not always.

+1 to this Bob. I lost a weekend to trouble-shooting my home network
when the only way I could get my iPhone 4 with iOS 6 to receive email
was to turn off the wi-fi and let it connect over 3G. I regularly get
YouTube videos stalling or downloads not completing when at home on
wi-fi but as soon as I switch to 3G it all comes good again.

Some days it works and some days it doesn't.

Matt.

Any information transmitted in this message and its attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. The above email correspondence should be read in conjunction with our standard disclaimer/terms which can be found at www.pipenetworks.com/docs/disclaimer.htm