[AusNOG] Apple iPhone5 Wifi connectivity problems - faulty Apple wireless chipsets?

Pinkerton, Eric Eric.Pinkerton at baesystemsdetica.com
Mon Jan 7 11:07:09 EST 2013

My guess is your holding it wrong!

No in all seriousness I think you have a poorly connected, or duff antenna (or some other such issue)*.  This is resulting in a poorer signal which is more susceptible to interference,  which may well be anything from lighting, baby monitors, cordless phones etc etc.

I suspect the quality control for the Iphone5 was dialled down in order to get as many as possible of them in the shops - so there are a lot of shonky phones out there.  If you are nice to an apple store genius, you might get it replaced for free!

*This is a massive guess on my part