[AusNOG] Telstra contact for mobile proxy

KIRN Paul (Powerlink) pkirn at powerlink.com.au
Tue Feb 19 14:23:16 EST 2013

Hi Chris,
Have you tried changing the APN on the mobile device to isolate the mandatory proxy?
Most smart phones will be set for APN telstra.iph , you could try Telstra.internet or Telstra.extranet these APNs your mobile should bypass the proxy (maybe).

* Smart Phone (iPhone) Internet using APN telstra.iph
* Internet using APN telstra.internet
* Telstra WAP portal and the Internet using APN telstra.wap
* Internet using APN telstra.pcpack which has a 15 min idle timeout.
* Internet using APN telstra.datapack which has a 2 hour idle timeout.
* Internet using APN telstra.extranet which assigns a dynamic real IP address.
* Allows access to Telstra Wireless IP WAN using APN telstra.corp
* Telstra picture messaging using APN * telstra.mms

Cheers
Paul