[AusNOG] Telstra contact for mobile proxy

Chris Ricks chris.ricks at securepay.com.au
Mon Feb 18 23:37:25 EST 2013

Already several steps ahead of you.

The issue is specifically the combination of Telstra's insistance on
placing a transparent proxy between their mobile users and the web *and*
Telstra's insistance on ignoring TTLs.

No other mobile network we've tested (both Optus and Vodafone, as well
as a few MVNOs) or fixed network (consumer and business grade
connections from about 15 carriers) have an issue - the problem is
squarely within Telstra's network.

Speaking to the various Telstra support numbers is completely useless,
given no one answering the phone seems to have even a basic grasp of
what DNS is.

-