[AusNOG] Carrier Access to Datacentres

Mark Prior mrp at mrp.net
Wed Apr 24 10:57:30 EST 2013

On 23/04/13 3:52 PM, Skeeve Stevens wrote:

> The situation is a Telco/Carrier (like Telstra/Optus/etc) that want to
> provide services to your customers in your datacentre.
>
> The issue is here is about access to rack space, power, etc.
>
> A customer of mine is a DC and has a large telco wanting a whole rack,
> with power... but don't seem to want to pay for it.  I am just wondering
> what others have done in these situations.

I would have thought that constraining the telcos to there own racks and
then selling the customers cross connects to get to the service was the
sensible approach. How to get money out of the telco for the rack(s) is
an exercise left to the reader. The alternative is having the telco
running all sorts of cabling through the DC to delivery services to
their customers and you don't want that.

Mark.