[AusNOG] Moderated/Vetted AusNOG list to reduce the guff

Peter Lawler ausnog at bleeter.id.au
Sun Apr 14 09:39:53 EST 2013

On 14/04/13 09:22, Phillip Grasso wrote:
 > Most of topics aren't unreasonable, thoughts on setup a smaller list that
 > is concentrated / moderated etc.

Hi,
List noob here. Have been involved in Tassie internet since early 1990's
though. Been meaning to sub to this list for ages, had read the archives
from time to time, but someone telling me about this thread and what was
going on reminded me to finally sign up.

 > I like the format
<snip>
 > ausnog-ops (moderated list australian network operators).
<snip>

As I said, I've been sort of around the edges of Tassie's networks for a
couple of decades. But I stake no claim whatsoever to any sort of
'authority'. The reason I had been meaning to join this list is to learn
in more realtime than via Archives. Whilst I obviously have no right to
direct the 'core' NOG folks, I'd like to suggest to them that if they
consider the "Ops only list" suggestion as a possibility, to have two
levels of list membership. Posting rights and receive only. I think it'd
be a shame for folks wanting to learn the whats and hows miss out on
what is both an interesting and valuable resource of education.

I'll close by making a passing observation about "transparent" vs
"closed shop" self regulation. I am not a fan of the latter.

I do hope I've not trod on any toes by my post here. I respect many of
the NOG folks, even though I merely know of you by name. I mean no
disrespect. Apologies if I've offended by sticking my head up.

Regards,

Pete.