[AusNOG] News: Minister Conroy contemplating Government-Funded undersea cable?

Michael Kahl michael at kahl.id.au
Fri Sep 28 13:32:56 EST 2012

Interestingly, anyone buying international IP transit in Australia in any
sort of volume is probably getting a rate around the same rate per meg, if
not less than the NBN CVC charges. So, if it costs the NBN that much to
drag data 10's of kilometers on average, I'd hate to see the costs to drag
it thousands of kilometers under the ocean.  Obviously dedicated transport
capacity might be a different story, but still..