[AusNOG] Temperature Hardened Switches / Media Converters

Zachary Barnard zac at agile.com.au
Tue Oct 30 15:30:52 EST 2012

Have a look at: http://www.telco.com/
Some of their Hardened stuff goes upto 70 degree's .

Cheers,
Zac.

From: Adam Nock <Adam.Nock at amcom.com.au<mailto:Adam.Nock at amcom.com.au>>
Date: Tuesday, 30 October 2012 2:44 PM
To: "ausnog at lists.ausnog.net<mailto:ausnog at lists.ausnog.net>" <ausnog at lists.ausnog.net<mailto:ausnog at lists.ausnog.net>>
Subject: [AusNOG] Temperature Hardened Switches / Media Converters

Hi Everyone

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with temperature hardened Ethernet switches or media converters and could recommend a brand or a vendor who could provide some information to us.
Basically we are looking at installing some L2 termination equipment in outdoor enclosures and could expect temperatures up to 80 odd degree’s.

Anything you have heard good things about or have used yourselves would be of great benefit.

On-list or off-list replies are fine :)

Thanks in advance

Adam N