[AusNOG] Strange DNS issue

Andrew Jones aj at jonesy.com.au
Sun Oct 28 14:28:28 EST 2012

I don't have any secret knowledge of Telstra's DNS infrastructure, but
it looks to me like that server is anycast, in which case some nodes
might have updated, but not others.

A couple of traceroutes from here and the US (well, the last few hops):
11. bundle-ether15.ken39.sydney.telstra.net        0.0%    94   10.9
9.6   5.8  14.4   1.6
12. bundle-ether6.ken-core4.sydney.telstra.net     0.0%    94   16.9
13.1   6.2  19.5   3.5
13. lon-resolver.telstra.net                       0.0%    94    5.3
7.0   5.0   9.1   0.9

10. tengige0-1-0-10.pad-gw1.sydney.telstra.net       0.0%    73  188.1
188.3 182.7 194.3   3.4
11. bundle-ether3.chw-core2.sydney.telstra.net       0.0%    73  188.7
192.2 186.7 198.3   3.5
12. lon-resolver.telstra.net                         0.0%    73  185.4
185.4 185.2 185.5   0.1

-Jonesy