[AusNOG] VDSL2, was Re: 4G advances

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Fri Oct 19 10:17:06 EST 2012

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 10:12:43AM +1100, Guy Ellis wrote:

 > I don't think we see a lot of VDSL2 in Australia because of the $
 > investment required.
 > Also for line lengths > 2km ADSL2+ is almost as good.

And because ACIF approval came too late to be useful.

And because the NBN has been hanging over the industry like a
sword of Damocles for the last five years, so nobody has been
planning any major new fixed network rollouts, thereby denying
Australian consumers the benefits of higher-speed technologies
in the interim.

  - mark