[AusNOG] Recommendation on a reliable/good 1000Base-X to 1000Base-T media converter.

Johann Lo Johann.Lo at aptel.com.au
Wed Oct 17 17:32:06 EST 2012

+1 on ME3400s. Just remember to read up on NNI vs UNI ports, there's a bit more to them than a regular switch. (in fact they route too)
Being able to manage them is priceless compared to a media converter where it could be anything. But w/ SFPs you're looking at magnitudes more $$$ than a black box

Johann Lo
Senior IP Network Engineer
Asian Pacific Telecommunications
p: 03 9863 9863
e: Johann.Lo at aptel.com.au

Notices - (1) If it appears that this email has been sent to you in error, please delete it (including any attachments) immediately and let the sender know by reply email. This email may contain confidential information and may be privileged. You may be acting unlawfully if you use, disclose, keep or rely upon that information. (2) This email and any attachment may not be free of viruses or defects. The sender is not liable for anything whatsoever including damage, loss and liability that you experience because you have received this email and notes that you should ensure that your IT system is properly safeguarded. (3) If this email is not sent in direct connection with the company's business, the company does not endorse the content.