[AusNOG] Q about time zones especially UTC

Mark Foster mark.foster at smxemail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:18:10 EST 2012

On 26/11/12 21:29, Mark Prior wrote:
> On 26/11/12 11:27 AM, Terry Sweetser (SkyMesh CTO) wrote:
>> I'll go with (belatedly) with HQ time.
>>
>> Try training call centre staff to read UTC back to client's localtime --
>> and that's when your management will gladly start to embrace the HQT
>> specification.
>
> If you don't have a smart phone that can do that for you then you're
> doing it wrong.

+1.  Further, the minute you frequently do business in more than one
timezone, understanding the movement +/- UTC is imperative.
Starting with whoever handles abuse@ your domain.

UTC is the Universal Time Clock for a reason.  When all your gear
operates in the same time zone it's remarkably useful, and you do get
used to it after a while.

Mark.