[AusNOG] Google mail contact?

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Tue Nov 27 14:45:17 EST 2012

Hi Folks,

This is a long shot, but does anyone have a contact for a mail admin
within google? We have a hosting client who is seeing > 60% of their
emails to google-hosted customers simply vanish.  Our server logs showed
them being received by the google mailservers, but they never arrive in
the customers inboxes.  No sign of them in junk mail either.  The
customers talking to Google support usually results in a 'have the
senders talk to their mail admins, they must have a problem', which
really isn't very helpful, since the customers are already handing off
our mail logs showing acceptance by the google servers..  And our staff
going through Google help (not really any more than a big newsgroup?
Meh) generally results in a fairly useless 'have your customers check
their junkmail folder'.

The big issue for our client is that their site is a rather large
directory type site where their customers are paying $20-30 per email
for the enquiries, and google are 'eating' ~1000 emails/month - you can
see their problem!  Given this particular client is also spending >
$1m/year on google adwords, I'm sure there's a way to open a useful
dialog with Google - I just don't know where to start!

Cheers,

DG