[AusNOG] Vocus vs. Pipe - Was: Vocus peering traffic missingfrom PIPE-IX?

David Hughes David at Hughes.com.au
Thu Nov 8 14:21:26 EST 2012

On 08/11/2012, at 1:46 PM, Luke Iggleden wrote:

> If I was G04, I would prefer to source my content from a 'free' domestic source than a paid Southern Cross + Transit etc.

They already do.  They get your domestic content free from one of the other G04 they peer with.  And that other G04 member is making money out of you.  Sounds like they are on the right end of the pineapple.  Can't see them rushing in to change the status quo.

David