[AusNOG] After Sandy Knocks Out Power, ... (huffingtonpost.com)

Sam Silvester sam.silvester at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 14:13:01 EST 2012

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Peter Tiggerdine <ptiggerdine at gmail.com> wrote:
> So replication to AWS or some other cheap cloud vendor isn't possible?
>
> Seems to me the startup isn't really embracing the landscape.

Cloud isn't a panacea. AWS isn't going to help my colo customers with
their own infrastructure, nor those with carrier circuits or DSLAM
subscribers physically terminating in a given (pair of) data centres.

Yep, they _may_ have redundancies of their own, but if I'm their DR or
fallback site, should I not do what I can to keep the site up and
running?

This isn't a black and white situation here, nor is AWS/"the cloud"
able to solve all problems.

Sam