[AusNOG] Internet Society of Australia Seeks Information on ISPs offering IPv6 in Australia

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Fri May 18 15:17:30 EST 2012

On 17/05/2012 11:16 AM, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> This email is in my capacity as a Director of The Internet Society in Australia and
> ISOC-AU's Service Provider Liaison.
>
> Coming up soon on June 6th 2012, is "World IPv6 Launch Day"
> (http://www.worldipv6launch.org/).  This is where many participants will be turning
> on IPv6 on their main websites - and leave it on - companies such as Facebook,
> Yahoo, Google and many others.

Supporting Skeeve on this - some of you will have seen Akamai turned on IPv6 in April
(https://www.networkworld.com/news/2012/032612-akamai-ipv6-257634.html), including
v4-to-v6 translation of content.
The Akamai IPv6 traffic stats (http://www.akamai.com/ipv6) are embarrassingly
intermittant for Australia though.

> So, if you are a Service Provider, and you've made the effort on Access or Hosting,
> and are actually delivering services, please email me directly and let me know.
>  There will be press around this launch time, and I'd like to be as accurate as
> possible about the state of IPv6 in Australia.

... and lots of good marketing available, nationally and internationally, for those
that also switch on IPv6 permanently in June :-)

Paul